Transfer Requests
Welcome to the Student Transfer Request Information Page. Below you will find information on Open Enrollment and Inter-District Transfers

If you wish to transfer your child from Molalla River School District to another district, please complete this 
Out-of-District Transfer Form.  You can complete this form and email it to, or you can print it off and deliver it to the Molalla River District Office at 412 S. Sweigle Ave.  Before you fill out the form, please contact the school that you wish to transfer and make sure there is space available.

:  Families requesting  permission to transfer into or out of the district will be granted such permission from June 1, 2020 to August 1, 2020.  If you would like to transfer into the Molalla River School District from another district, please contact your resident school’s District Office for release information.

Please note:  Parents/Guardians of approved transfer students are responsible for providing transportation to and from school. 

If you have any questions regarding the transfer process, please contact missy.wesley@molallariv.k12.or.usor by phone at 503-759-7463.


Open Enrollment, enacted by the Oregon Legislature in 2011, created an additional option for students wishing to transfer between districts.  The open enrollment statute contained a sunset provision making 2018-2019 the last year for transfers under open enrollment.  

The Legislature may choose to extend the sunset during the 2019 legislative session.  However, until the Legislature takes action, the sunset is still in effect and no new students will be enrolled through open enrollment beginning the 2019-2020 school year.

If you have any questions regarding this legislative change please call Missy Wesley at 503-759-7463.